||Section 5-3.1. - B-1, Limited business district:
It is the intent of the B-1 zoning district to encourage the formation and continuance of a quiet and uncongested environment for compatible professional business offices together with certain residential and neighborhood commercial uses which will not adversely affect adjacent residential areas.
(a) Permitted uses: The following uses shall be permitted in the B-1 zoning district:
1. All uses permitted in the office district (OD) and the single-family residential zoning district (R-1).
2. Establishments providing certain convenience items and services to the public such as:
a. Barber shops, beauty shops, nail shops and tanning salons;
b. Flower shops, card shops, gift shops, video stores, tobacco shops, bait/tackle shops, news-stands and magazine stands;
c. Laundromats and dry cleaning pickup stations;
d. Telephone stores, cable TV service stores, internet cafés;
e. Fast food restaurants, ice cream shops, cafés, delicatessens;
f. Grocery stores, convenience stores, pharmacies, health food stores, confectioneries, bakeries, pretzel or cookie shops, where products are sold predominantly at retail;
g. Clothing/shoe stores.
3. Establishments of a business character providing services of a specialized nature to individual or other businesses, such as:
a. Copying/printing services;
b. Post offices, mailing/delivery services;
c. Film development establishments.
4. Social, cultural and health facilities, including:
a. Public and private kindergarten, elementary or secondary schools;
b. Adult and child daycare;
c. Specialized training schools such as martial arts, yoga, and dance studios;
d. Libraries and museums;
e. Health clubs and fitness centers;
g. Places of worship;
h. Public recreational facilities;
i. Hospitals and medical clinics;
j. Professional, civic, and cultural associations/organizations.
5. Video game retail stores and arcades.
(b) Conditional uses: The following uses shall be permitted on a conditional basis in any B-1 zoning district, subject to the stated conditions:
1. Administrative offices of construction firms provided that no trucks, heavy commercial vehicles, equipment, or materials are stored on-site.
2. All conditional uses permitted in the R-1 zoning district subject to the conditions stated therein.
3. Full service restaurants provided that: (a) the establishment does not operate during hours when meals are not being served, (b) does not feature dance floors or live entertainment; (c) does not offer catered events; (d) the sale of food accounts for in excess of fifty (50) per cent of the restaurants gross revenues; and (e) that, if alcohol is served, the restaurant is located not closer than five hundred (500) feet from a residentially zoned property or property dedicated to residential use. For purposes of this subsection, measurements shall be made in a straight line, without regard to intervening structures or objects, from the nearest portion of the building or structure used as a part of the premises where the restaurant is operated, to the nearest property line of the residentially zoned property or property dedicated to residential use. Furthermore, conditional uses established pursuant to the setback distances described herein shall not be rendered nonconforming by the location subsequent to the grant or renewal of the conditional use, of a residentially zoned parcel or parcel dedicated to residential use within the required setback distance.
(Ord. No. 1990-34, 6-28-90; Ord. No. 1991-16, 5-9-91; Ord. No. 1995-5, 3-7-95; Ord. No. 2002-003, 1-10-02; Ord. No. 2002-087, 11-26-02; Ord. No. 2003-016, 2-27-03; Ord. No. 2009-49, 9-24-09)
||ALL those certain lots, pieces, or parcels of land, together with the buildings and improvements thereon, situate, lying and being in the County of Charleston, State of South Carolina, and known as Lots No. 246,247 and 248 on a plan or plat of property of Cherokee Place, Inc. made by G. M. Howe, Surveyor, dated August 4, 1914, and recorded in the Office of the RMC for Charleston County in Plat Book C, at Page 92. MEASURING AND CONTAINING as a whole Seventy-Five (75') feet frontage on Cosgrove Avenue, same on the rear line, and in depth One Hundred Twenty (120') feet, be the same dimensions more or less. BUTTING AND BOUNDING approximately North on Apache Street on said plat; approximately East on Lot No. 245 on said plat; and approximately West on Lot No. 249 on said plat, all of which by reference to said plat will more fully appear.
BEING the same property conveyed to Mase & Company, LLC by deed of The Peregrine Group, LLC, said deed being dated December 12, 2017 and recorded December 14, 2017 in the RMC Office for Charleston County in Book 0686, Page 151.
TMS No.: 469-08-00-260